Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Vacation

Christmas vacation is the best vacation of the year, because it is too short to do anything really productive, but long enough to feel relaxing. And since it's in the dead of winter, I don't feel bad about sleeping late and doing nothing. Still, I managed to do a few things.
  • I attended two family Christmases: one with my dad's family, and one with my mom's family.
  • I participated in my church's Christmas program.
  • I ALMOST finished the dress I started sewing before Thanksgiving.
  • I paid one bill.
  • I wrote one card.
  • I taught the 3rd/4th grade class at my church's three-day Winter Bible School. (Yes, we are weird.)
  • I made vegetable soup, butternut squash soup, and muddy buddies (aka puppy chow).
  • I bought Christmas gifts for my dad (I drew his name this year), my grandmother, and my nieces and nephews.
  • I bought a pair of boots for myself. (Isn't this what Christmas is about?)
Mainly, I tried to relax and enjoy the extra time I have to spend with my family. We don't have to actually be DOING something, we can just be together, right? That's what I think.

P.S. Butternut squash soup is not very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment