Sunday, December 2, 2012

Prayer

I really tried to write something tonight, but I couldn't write anything good. So I searched my files and found something I wrote several years ago instead.

It's not that I doubt you, Lord;
It's that I think you might forget some little detail.
You know how I have to have my life ordered just so,
And You might not get it right!
I have to watch out for my own interests.

And what if you don't give me the things I want?
What if you think I don't deserve them?
I'm sure I can get them on my own, if I try.

It's not that I doubt you, Lord, but
God helps those who help themselves.
(You said that, didn't you?)

If you were a little quicker, it wouldn't be so hard.
If you were clearer, I wouldn't need so much faith.
If you really loved me, you would give me what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment