Thursday, October 17, 2013

It's Me Again

Yeah, I haven't updated my blog in four months. No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. It was a little over four months ago that I became Mrs. B (and so am no longer actually Miss W). Things have been super busy and super crazy since then.

After our honeymoon, Mr. B and I settled into a one-bedroom garage apartment. Cozy, but not bad for two. He had made an offer on a house, and had even signed a contract to buy the house, but the bank was dragging its feet. So we made the apartment work.

At the beginning of the summer, we stayed pretty busy with church stuff, working in our church's VBS. Then things started to go a bit haywire when we disagreed with some doctrine that our pastor was teaching. We ended up leaving our church. Now we're attending a different church that I think we will join soon.

It didn't help that Mr. B's family all went to our old church. We not only were estranged from our church friends, but also family relationships were a little strained. It's better now, but I really stressed about it for a few weeks.

Finally, our house deal went through. We were pretty happy about that. We closed in September, and we had applied for the loan in April! But our house was in no way move-in ready. It requires quite a bit of work (water, roof, paint, floors), which we're still doing. The good news is that it appraised for $50,000 more than what we're planning to spend on it.

In the meantime, we found out that we are expecting our first child. If everything goes well, our little one should arrive in late May. I'm very happy to be having a baby. It's something I've wanted for a while. But man, have I ever been sick! I have been tired and nauseated every day for the past three weeks.

In addition to having my food restricted because of pregnancy and my old allergy (gluten), I've also developed a new allergy. Yep, now I cannot eat corn. It breaks me out and makes me super itchy. So this poor, nauseated, pregnant woman can't eat ice cream or regular bread or even sodas. It's been awful.

Like I've told my husband, we've been through a lot in a short period of time! But we are learning to work as a team, to help each other and depend on each other. He is a terrific husband. He does everything he can to take care of me. Our circumstances have not been perfect, but with the Lord's help, we are doing just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment