Sunday, July 5, 2009

Summertime and the Livin' is Easy

This is my second attempt at starting a new blog. I just didn't like the other one, so I got rid of it. I'm going to stick with this one... I think.

I've had a lovely summer so far. I haven't done anything strenuous. Basically, I've done whatever I wanted for the last five weeks.

This year, it was my goal to do nothing during the summer because I have been working very hard for the past year. The unplanned time has been relaxing, but I've already decided that next year, I will either go on a long trip (maybe do summer missions) or get a part-time job. It's only because I am getting a little frustrated with my inability to finish things I start without a strict schedule.

The strange thing is that I feel like I have been doing a lot this summer, but when people ask me what I have been doing, I never can think of anything interesting to tell them. I guess this is what stay-at-home moms feel like. They're always working on things that seem too small to mention.

It's also strange because although I feel like I well deserve a summer-long vacation, I feel somewhat guilty for not "doing" anything over the summer. I wonder if people are looking at me like I'm some kind of bum. I'm still convincing myself that I don't care.

OK, I've got to go and do some "little" tasks like washing the dishes, straightening up the house, and washing clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment