Sunday, August 30, 2009

Going Into the Third Week of School

The good news is, my school reverted back to the old lesson plans (that were quicker to complete). The bad news is that I still didn't get everything finished last night like I wanted to. It only took me an hour and a half to finish up tonight, though. (If I had remembered to bring home all the papers I need to grade, it would have taken significantly longer.)

The beginning of the school year has been suprisingly easy so far. I have had some problems with some classes, but nothing like last year. The kids have been fairly compliant and I have only sent three students to the office for discipline. I hope it stays this way for the rest of the year.

The best part of being a second-year teacher is that I have already taught my subject once. I just have to review a bit, revamp the lesson by throwing away what didn't work last year and adding some new touches, and voila! I am ready for class.

It's past my bedtime. 5:30 comes early. Goodnight all!

1 comment: